What Are You Doing to Engage Your Physicians?
Here are some tips on engaging physicians using CME:
- Identify the goals of your organization/physician leaders and align education with those goals.
- Understand the physician population you are trying to engage and select formats that appeal to them. Buy-in is achieved best whenthe knowledge is coming from a reputable colleague. You can also create incentive programs (i.e. gift cards, premium discounts or credits, department participation awards/contests, poster display of power users/top performers in break rooms, etc.) to increase participation.
- Provide leadership training to create understanding of the value of CME while reinforcing the importance of leadership modeling.
- Align education with state-based CME requirements to allow physicians to collect CME hours specific to the requirements for relicensure in their state.
- Lastly, measure the change. The real power of education is through observed change.